Pinot Noir Mezcal Mule
(Makes 1 cocktail)
A two-toned, smokey, holiday crowd-pleaser! As the Casillero del Diablo Pinot Noir ice cube slowly melts it changes the flavor profile over time, adjusting to a well-rounded, smooth velvety texture.
Be careful when using an open flame and lighting garnishes on fire. Burn at your own risk and always exercise caution.
- 2 ounces mezcal
- Casillero del Diablo Pinot Noir
- 1 ounce lime juice
- 4 fresh cranberries
- Ginger Beer
- Fresh rosemary, to garnish
- Pour Casillero del Diablo Pinot Noir into large square ice cube trays and freeze overnight.
- Combine cranberries, lime juice, and mezcal in a shaker.
- Muddle until thoroughly blended.
- Fill with ice, and shake vigorously.
- Strain into a rocks glass over a Casillero del Diablo Pinot Noir ice cube.
- Top off with ginger beer.
- Carefully light a sprig of rosemary allowing it to crackle for a few seconds and generate small smoke streams.
- Garnish cocktail with smoking rosemary sprig.
Cocktail handcrafted exclusively for Casillero del Diablo by Dan Magro, mixologist and author of “Suck It Up: Extraordinary Cocktails for Everyday People.”